The Friends of Werakata National Park is a group of people who are interested in helping the National Park.
They meet at the Abermain School of Arts on the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm.
Areas of interest included the following:
- Cleaning up the Park (rubbish and weeds)
- Helping to develop infrastructure (signage, seats, bird hides, etc)
- Seed collection and growing seedlings for Park regeneration
- Taking guided tours
- Developing public trails (walking, cycling, horse-riding)
- Preserving heritage (European, Aboriginal, natural)
- Protecting and promoting wildlife
- Maintain public awareness of the Park, foster awareness of what is there.
- Producing newsletter or fliers or brochures.
- Education of public…Discovery Tours (flora, fauna, history, night-tours)
- School tours
- School resource kits
- Having a say in Park management
- Fund-raising including sponsorship
- Developing information on the Park
- Knowing what was happening in the Park
- Liase with other groups to help achieve our aims
- Establishment of a seed bank
- Developing a website
If you are interested in joining click here, or
go to our Contact Page for further information.